Write back to Allen-Bradley PLC

Hello forum,

It is possbile to write back to an Allen-Bradley PLC using Microsoft Excel?

Right now we are using DDE links in Excel 2010 in order to read the data coming from the PLC. I know there is no write back capability in RS Linx but there is in RS Logix 5000. Can Excel 2010 use RS Logix 5000 to write back to the PLC?

Is there a way to write back to the PLC without using RS Logix 5000?

All we are trying to do is send a boolean value to the PLC letting the PLC that its data has been copied by Excel and can continue on in its process.

Thanks for your help!

You can contact Sytech, i just used there software to send data from my AB1400 to a excel file but first you will have to upgread your RSLinx to a RSLinx classic.

Thanks! Sorry I did not post a reply sooner.

That website helped me out by explaining everything pretty well and also gave code examples.

Thanks again!