Gearboxes and Motors from Automation Direct , Surplus Center, Etc.

Rob S.

I know this is not much of a mechanical forum but I was wondering if anyone had any long term success with Gearboxes and 3 phase motors from Automation Direct , Surplus Center , Etc. I have a fairly large project beginning in a few weeks with a limited budget and I was considering using a few.Thanks in advance, Have a great weekend.

Might try Surplus Center for geaboxes. My only experience with them is buying chain. I can say watch for who made the gearbox - if reputable mfr then you might be OK.

Surplus outfit I have bought meters from is
http://www.youngssurplus.com/index.htm

They sent me exactly what they said they were going to. Are quite willing to send extra photos and more details.

Dan Bentler