Question about Pico analog In

Malador

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm making a simple program for a sump pump controller using a Allen Bradley Pico. For the analog comparator value you can put in value of 0-1023.

why make it 0-1023; not 0-10vdc like the input?

0-1023 is a 10-bit ADC (Analog to Digital Converter). If they made it 0-10 you would only have 11 possible divides. Using 0-1023 you get 1024 divisions of the value.

This lets you define more ranges to work with and when/if you do scale it, you get a closer result with less error.

Ok. I thought on some older versions of the pico you could do 0 to 10 in .1 increments, although I could be wrong.

Thanks for the answer. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a setting a I changed. I'm still really new to the PLC world.