Simatic Net OPC Server

barryoc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with a simatic opc server. I have everything setup and in the station configuration everything appears as it should. In the configuration console i noticed that i was missing a certificate that i had on a test rig. Could this cert issue be thw reason i cant access variables in opc scout?

Also how do i re-install this cert or repair it. I exported the cert form the test rig but as can be seen its for the wrong domain. I starting to think a reinstall of simatic net.

Many Thanks,
Barry

Capture.PNG

New Problem with 343-1 lean

I have sorted my original problem and now i have another. I can now see my variables in opc scout any read/write to them. The problem i am now facing is getting a connection to wincc flex runtime and to opc server at the same time. CP343-1 states it has 2 connections but i cant seem to be able to use both. I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone know if this is possible with the 343-1 lean.

Wincc flex is configured as a softbus connection.

Many thanks,
Barry

WinCC Flexible and the OPC server can certainly access the CPU via the CP343-1 LEAN.

Is WinCC Flexible RT setup as part of the PC Station together with the OPC Server ?

I have finally got time to get back to this problem. Wincc Flex is setup up in the station configuration. I can run flex or opc scout no problem, but i cant run both together. I changed the 343-1 lean for a 343-1 EX11 but i still have the same issue. Is it possible that the network card in the computer is not allowing the second connection or could it be the cpu (315-2AG10).

Regards,
Barry

You dont tell what happens when you try these things.
Please come up with some more info.

How does the Station Configurator look like (screenshot please) ?
Are there any entries under the Diagnostics tab in the Station COnfigurator ?

You can also check the online CPU properties. Check if there are free connections available (screenshot please).

Jesper,

Attached is the screenshots you asked for. What currently happens is as follows.

Start wincc flex runtime. Works fine.
Start OPC scout. No communication to tags.
Shut down both.
Start opc Scout. Communicates with tags no problem.
Start wincc flex and no connection to cpu.

Only one or the other will run, not both. On test rig i use everything works fine. Thats why i wondered if it is the network card or cpu on the live system.

Many thanks,
Barry

CPU.PNG diag.PNG station.PNG

The screenshot of the connection numbers reveals the problem.
There are 16 available connections on the CPU.
There are 12 "S7 basic connections", reserved but not used.
So you run out of connections.

My guess is that you have inadvertently setup a lot of connections in NetPro. Post a screenshot from NetPro with the S7 CPU selected.

Jesper here is the screenshot of netpro with the cpu selected. It does not show any connections. Have i selected the correct screen

Regards,
Barry

Connection.PNG

Jesper,

Problem solved. Changed the number of s7 basic connections to 8 and everything is working perfect. Many thank for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,
Barry

Simatic Net OPC UA server download link?

Hello all,

Thanks a lot for the help,

Can you also provide me the link from where i can download the Simatic Net OPC UA Server.

With Best regards

Saurabh Samber

Hello Samber,

The OPC server can be purchased/downloaded here. Various flavors are available, so what you get would depend on what your requirements are..

Hello ,

Thanks for the reply.

I just can able to download the datasheet and even inside the data sheet nothing is there.
I cant able to download the software.

Somebody told me that Simatic NET OPC UA SERVER is not a freeware server, you have to buy the license in original.

If you have any information about it please let me know.

You're absolutely correct, the site I linked is the official Siemens Industry Mall, where you can purchase, or find distributors to purchase the license from.

From this link i dint able to get anything, i need Simatic OPC UA server to take the data from the PLC ie S7 300 CPU 343.

Can you Please tell from where i can order it