AB Pico, Micro810 Questions

guppy1026

I am looking at putting a Pico Controller #1760-L12DWD-ND into work truck environment. This is the 12Vdc model.

Questions:

Can I run this model straight off the 12vdc vehicle electrical circuit with just the proper fuse or should I regulate the power?

Does the controller require a memory module, if the power is left off for a period of time?

With the ND, it doesn't have a display, I would like to use the memory card to load and/or update the Pico's in the field. Is there a way to do this on the non-display units?

How can I lock the program so customers can not modify the program?

And is there a way to protect the program from being seen and possibly copied and reverse engineered?

Same questions only with the Micro810 #2080-LC10-12DWD.

Last edited:
I am looking at putting a Pico Controller #1760-L12DWD-ND into work truck environment. This is the 12Vdc model.

Questions:

Can I run this model straight off the 12vdc vehicle electrical circuit with just the proper fuse or should I regulate the power?

Does the controller require a memory module, if the power is left off for a period of time?

With the ND, it doesn't have a display, I would like to use the memory card to load and/or update the Pico's in the field. Is there a way to do this on the non-display units?

How can I lock the program so customers can not modify the program?

And is there a way to protect the program from being seen and possibly copied and reverse engineered?

Same questions only with the Micro810 #2080-LC10-12DWD.

You can run it straight from the vehicle power, the Pico 12V DC controllers will work with 10.2…15.6V DC. The inputs will accept 8…15.6V DC
Models without the keypad and LCD display are programmed by using PicoSoft programming software OR by installing a pre-programmed memory module.

You can lock the device with a password - Use the Picosoft software.
The software can be downloaded from here -
http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Programmable-Controllers/PicoSoft-Software

You can run it straight from the vehicle power, the Pico 12V DC controllers will work with 10.2…15.6V DC. The inputs will accept 8…15.6V DC
Models without the keypad and LCD display are programmed by using PicoSoft programming software OR by installing a pre-programmed memory module.

You can lock the device with a password - Use the Picosoft software.
The software can be downloaded from here -
http://ab.rockwellautomation.com/Programmable-Controllers/PicoSoft-Software

Thank you for your help.

If I lock the device with a password, that will secure the program. But let me ask this. Say I need to issue an update to customers in the field, is it as easy as just sending them a memory module with the new program and having them swap out the modules and the Pico will automatically start running off the new program, keep in mind this is the Non-Display Pico?
Even if the device is locked with a password?