Simulator and citect setup

usernametaken

I have built a simulator using a micrologix 1000 and various equipment that replicates a process and hope to later use this to train apprentices and others.
I want to include an interface like citect. I have downloaded the free software but dont know how to build a page or set up I/O .
I have always used citect as a tradesman to fault find but never tried to program it.
Any help/advice would be extremely appeciated.

Thankyou for the reply.
I downloaded it and will read through it tomorrow.
I only need one page with I/O indication, no analogue.
Nothing to complex.
Anyone else with some tips would be appreciated.

The 'quickstart' will be more than good enough for you. Mind you, the example is only simulated I/O, so no hardware-plc is selected. but this is OK if you are learning Citect.

Later when you really need to communicate between the pc and plc you will need to know the tag-adress inside the plc. These 'tags' are symbolic names that you give to your grafic elements in Citect, these elements are dynamic and thus controlled by either Citect or the cpu.

The tag-adress depends on the brand of plc, e.g. Mitsubishi; X1.