Wonderware InTouch 9.5,opclink,matrikon

robvanfrank

I am using WW 9.5, opclink 8.0, and trying to read data from Matrikons S7 server(MPI link). I read data ok when using Matrikon simulator but when using live server all tags error out. It appears that the syntax is different in the server as compared to simulator. Simulator syntax is with (.) as delimiter and the live server ues (>) as delimiter. It doesn't look like OPClink is able to understand this syntax. Also I am wondering about the ITEM syntax in the InTouch tag database. I have seen so many differnt ways recently I have no idea which is correct. Thanking anyone in advance if they can shed some light.o_O

Is there a particular reason you're using 9.5 and haven't upgraded to 10.5? I'd strongly recommend this. OPCLink becomes redundant and its functionality is built directly into Factory Suite Gateway. I recently did a conversion from OPCLink to FSGateway and while I did have to rebuild my whole tag database as the naming was slightly different, it was a lot easier to work with afterwards.

we are using Schneider's OFS Large, i'm not familiar with Matrikon's offering.