Hi-Res camera positioning

descon

We need to monitor the position of a high resolution camera mounted on a vertical slide. It will be driven by a Copley (or similar) controller and we plan to use a baby PLC (MicroLogix 1200/similar) for position control. Rather than closed loop position control the user will jog the camera fast or slow while monitoring the display on a large LCD. The application is to monitor fluid levels over a 28 inch range within a pressure chamber. To save our new programmer wear and tear we thought it best to bring the encoder (quadrature) directly into the PLC to be able to read position easier.

Which PLC would be best for easy encoder read access and motor control out (step and direction)?

Similar Topics

Hello all I've got a cell with four Keyence IV3 cameras that are saving images to a FTP server, we are also labeling the parts with a time date...
Replies
Views
Hi people, I am trying to send an audit trail and other logs from the Panelview plus 7 to a network share. Its one of the older CE embedded...
Replies
Views
Bonjour, Je n'ai pas de communication modbus RTU vis la configuration ci-dessus. J'ai essayé les deux mode ch1 et ch2 mais rien ne fonctionne...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I just wanted to confirm something regarding this module. What I understood from the manual, is that if RS-485 mode is selected (jumper...
Replies
Views
I don't think this has been discussed on here - so thought I'd share. TLDR: FTView v14 looks like it requires Logix Designer v36 on the same...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom