plc timers

I don't think it's possible "to turn ON and OFF a boiler at the interval of 3secs". If it's a gas fired boiler, the purge cycle will take longer than three seconds. The flame detector will probably require more than three seconds. Even if you could cycle the boiler that fast, you won't get much of a temperature rise in three seconds of operation.

I don't think it's possible "to turn ON and OFF a boiler at the interval of 3secs". If it's a gas fired boiler, the purge cycle will take longer than three seconds. The flame detector will probably require more than three seconds. Even if you could cycle the boiler that fast, you won't get much of a temperature rise in three seconds of operation.

Actually,am a biginner.The three seconds is just an example

Actually,am a biginner
That much is obvious.

What have you learned about the timers available in the Allen Bradley function set? Which timer function do you think would be most suited to doing what you want? Do you think it can be done with a single instance of a timer function or should you use multiple timers?

Please, what type of timer can i use to turn ON and OFF a boiler at the interval of 3 secs......Thanks for your input.

Actually, I am a beginner. The three seconds is just an example.
Knowing that you are not actually trying to start and stop an industrial boiler every 3 seconds, then the timing function you are describing is called Repeat Cycle Timing. You can buy relay-type timers that have the Repeat Cycle function.

If you are using Allen Bradley RSLogix, you can use two TON timers to program the Repeat Cycle function, like this:

REPEAT CYCLE.jpg

Last edited:
Knowing that you are not actually trying to start and stop an industrial boiler every 3 seconds, then the timing function you are describing is called Repeat Cycle Timing. You can buy relay-type timers that have the Repeat Cycle function.

If you are using Allen Bradley RSLogix, you can use two TON timers to program the Repeat Cycle function, like this:

thanks alot,this will really help me.