ACS350 Drives PID control problems

piloco

Hi,
Im new in with this equipment and i need to made run this drive, i need to control one pump with this drive. i made all the installation and have the one ultrasonic flow sensor for give me the 4-20mA signal. Now i setup the drive to run at 14m3/h this is the internat set point, my flow is 0 to 20m3/h, but i want to have in 14m3/h.
im think i have all the parameters ok, but i dont know why when i start the drive only run at 180 RPMS, and the shut the valve for have less flow, and see if the drive increase the speed, but nothing happen.

Somebody can help me!! Many thanks for everthing.

I understand that you have an ACS350 running a pump and you want to control to a flowrate setpoint. You have a flow transmitter that sends a 4-20ma signal to the drive.

I have the following preliminary questions:

1. Do you have an instruction manual available to you?
2. Have you selected the PID macro in Parameter 9902?
3. What is the flow range represented by the 4 and 20ma signals?
4. What flow rate are you trying to control to?
5. Where are you putting in the setpoint? Keypad? External pot?

Advise on these questions please and we can go to the next step.

Many thanks, and i know it you going to answer to my post.
1. yes i have the user manual.
2. yes i have select 9902 in PID CONTROL
3. i have 4mA its 0m3/h and 20mA its 20m3/h, and my setpoint its in 14m3/h. now in display i can see the rpms in the first line, second line set point(14m3/h) and third line the signal from my flow sensor.
4. 0 - 20m3/h
5. setpoint i select internal (4010 set point sel - internal ) and 4011 (14m3/h)

and thanks for you help

I understand that you have an ACS350 running a pump and you want to control to a flowrate setpoint. You have a flow transmitter that sends a 4-20ma signal to the drive.

I have the following preliminary questions:

1. Do you have an instruction manual available to you?
2. Have you selected the PID macro in Parameter 9902?
3. What is the flow range represented by the 4 and 20ma signals?
4. What flow rate are you trying to control to?
5. Where are you putting in the setpoint? Keypad? External pot?

Advise on these questions please and we can go to the next step.

Many thanks, and i know it you going to answer to my post.
1. yes i have the user manual.
2. yes i have select 9902 in PID CONTROL
3. i have 4mA its 0m3/h and 20mA its 20m3/h, and my setpoint its in 14m3/h. now in display i can see the rpms in the first line, second line set point(14m3/h) and third line the signal from my flow sensor.
4. 0 - 20m3/h
5. setpoint i select internal (4010 set point sel - internal ) and 4011 (14m3/h)

and thanks for you help

The default for the PID system is to work in % but it seems you want it to work in m^3/hr. For that, parameter 4006 must be set to 20 which represents m^3/hr. For whole number display, 4007 is set to 1. 4008 should be 0 and 4009 should be 20 to set up the feedback span in your units. 4010 is Internal and 4011 is 14 for your 14 m^3/hr setpoint. 4012 should be 0% and 4013 should be 100%. These set up the limits for available setpoint scanning. It doesn't matter much when you've got a fixed setpoint as long as the limits include the desired setpoint value in %. 14 would be 70%.

It helps to turn the accel and decel (2202 and 2203) down to about 2 seconds as these limit the slew rate of the PID controller. Also, if you have trouble getting the PID loop to settle into a stable condition, it often helps to set a little filtering on the feedback signal analog input. The default is AI2 and the filtering is parameter 1306.

Check these settings with yours and let me know what happens.

I have all this parameters like you say, on my display i have 4mA its 0m3/h and 20mA its 20m3/h, and my setpoint its in 14m3/h. now in display i can see the rpms in the first line, second line set point(14m3/h) and third line the signal from my flow sensor.

now i have everthing like you said, but when i put in remot mode and give the signal for start, only runs at 130RPMS and if a closed the flow valve for play with the flow sensor and see if the driver rise the speed of the pump, but nothing happens, only the readings from flow sensor change (in drive) but still running at the same speed.

i hope this information give to you a picture from the situation here!!

What milliamp signal comes back from the flow transmitter at 130rpm on the motor?

Reverse the setting in parameter 4005 and see what happens.

If this doesn't help, tell me what is in parameter 9904, 2301, and 2302.