Emerson VFD Am SM Solutions Module

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just seeing if someone can Educate me a bit. Does anyone use Emerson VFD with SM Solutions module and can tell me why Emerson Control Techniques do not Post their firmware Upgrades to their products. I have a SM-Ethernet Module with old revision firmware. And a SM-Profinet Solutions module with old firmware. I couldnt get an answer From Emerson. When I asked for a firmware file it was like pulling teeth from a rapture. I dont want to have to be a thorn in ones side everytime i need a firmware upgrade on a product just bought with old firmware. Firmware Upgrades are a must needed for a End user.

Just seeing if someone can Educate me a bit. Does anyone use Emerson VFD with SM Solutions module and can tell me why Emerson Control Techniques do not Post their firmware Upgrades to their products. I have a SM-Ethernet Module with old revision firmware. And a SM-Profinet Solutions module with old firmware. I couldnt get an answer From Emerson. When I asked for a firmware file it was like pulling teeth from a rapture. I dont want to have to be a thorn in ones side everytime i need a firmware upgrade on a product just bought with old firmware. Firmware Upgrades are a must needed for a End user.

I use the product regularly and never have any issues finding the firmware downloads. I have not used the SM-Profinet as of yet, but I have re-firmed the Ethernet modules a few times.

That being said, I just went on their site and couldn't find it either. It looks as though their website has been goofed up. They changed it a few months back and I know the support guys were not happy about it because nobody could find anything anymore. Who did you talk to there? They are usually pretty helpful.