FTalk Background Color

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
I was in a bit of disbelief about this, but it appears that there is no parameter allocated for changing the background color of a PVPlus screen? Am I just overlooking something?

Right now the only solution seems to be to overlay a box on the screen and send it to the back of the display order. Screen color really should be something that can be dynamically changed in my opinion.

Right click on a display background and select display properties. You will find the background color there.

Edit: actually I think it might be display settings. But I guess if you are looking to. Hangs it dynamically then that didn't help much.

Last edited:
Hi Dmroedr, Yes, actually looking to be able to assign a tag to it to change the colors dynamically. Like how you can animate the colors on say a polygon, etc.

Hi Dmroedr, Yes, actually looking to be able to assign a tag to it to change the colors dynamically. Like how you can animate the colors on say a polygon, etc.

In that case you must include an object that has dynamic controls. The screen background is not a dynamic object. The rectangle at the back of the display is the answer.

I don't think it is a failing of the PVPlus system, it is an unusual requirement to change a screen's background colour. Normally objects are placed on the background, and the designer will test all of the dynamic objects' possible colours work with the selected background. If you go changing the background colour, then you may interfere with some of the dynamic objects on the screen. Perhaps you are putting everything onto "Panels", so that the background colour doesn't clash with object colours?

The work-around will do what you want in any case.

That's what happens when I post at 5AM, I figured that out when I re-read your post.. I tried to type "Since" but it was auto corrected to "Hangs". Post fail!