Totalizing flow rate: analog vs pulse - a comparison

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
Given the variety of opinions about the wisdom and feasability of totalizing an analog flow signal I ran a test by totalizing both the analog flow rate signal and a pulse output from a magnetic flow meter in a standalone recorder.

For those devices, the result had a remarkably small error.

If you're interested in the details, the write-up is on the company blog:
http://blog.lesman.com/2012/04/18/f...vs-pulse-input-totalizer-comparison/#more-638

Dan

Similar Topics

We currently have 2 system measuring a liquid similar to water. Density is around 8.3lbs/gal. We take the flow in lbs/min and calculate lbs per...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone this is my first post here. I have been reading a lot of the posts here regarding totalizing using pulses, however not exactly what I...
Replies
Views
Can someone tell me if this math function is correct to totalize analog flow in a 30 Milsec peridoc task...
Replies
Views
AB SLC 5/05 RS logix 8.40 I have two existing flow totalizers on site that are currently reading 300000 m3 and the other around 70000 m3. These...
Replies
Views
HEY, I am pulling flow data from a Prosoft MVI46 MCM into a SLC 505 and need to totalize the flow daily in cubic meters use an analog value. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom