SLC 5/04 and DH+

angi

Hi Guys

There is a DH+ Network with some SLC 5/04 on it, I could see all of SLCs, but could not update the code through the DH+, I checked the manual, know that the 3-pins DH+ connection only for communication, if I want to download the new code, I must use RS323 or the round DH+ connection, is that right?

Thanks

No, if you can connect thru the DH+ then you can also download/upload or do online editing of the program of all on the network.

What error did you get when you tried to do this?

I got X4 error when I try to download a new code.

Sorry angi but I don't know what that means. Hopefully one of the AB gurus will.

Is there a description that goes along with the error?

Are you able to download thru the serial port?

Code:
0004  = A run time memory integrity error occurred. This is a non-user error.

1)Cycle power and then re-download.

2)Check grounding and surge suppression

?? Just a wag from the manual/help

Does anyone know why my slc5/04 keeps reverting to a baud rate of 1200. I have gone into chan 0 and set it to 19200, but when I autoconfig it changes back to 1200!!!!!

Can you tell us exactly how you are changing the baud rate online/offline. Be as detailed as possible.

Are you getting a warning message after changing it? See picture below.

Are you then clicking on "Apply"?

Can you tell us exactly how you are changing the baud rate online/offline. Be as detailed as possible.

Are you getting a warning message after changing it? See picture below.

Are you then clicking on "Apply"?

Mickey thanks the pennies dropped! catch you later.

Eddie Chttp://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/smilies/thumb.gif