Totaliezer flow meter

Hey, I am using E+H water flow meter. I want to calculate total flow rate in liter/min by using 4-20mA of flow meter in PLC.

Why do you want to calculate it? set up the flowmeter for Litres / Minute, then your 4-20mA signal will be directly proportional to the flowmeter's configured maximum flow, in Litres / Minute.

If you actually mean that you want to calculate the total amount of water that has passed through the meter in a certain amount of time (for example, a steady flow rate of 100 L/min would be 100L in 1 minute, 200L in 2 minutes, 250L in 2.5 minutes etc) then you CAN use the 4-20mA for this, but the accuracy will not be as good as if you were to use the pulse output from the flowmeter, in my opinion.

Give us some more information on exactly what you're trying to do and maybe we can help a little more.

Most E+H flowmeters have both 4-20mA and pulse outputs.

To get a totalised value, you can both sample the analog value as Tom decribe, or summarize the pulses. Or do both and compare them. And then compare with the totalizer value displayed on the flowmeter.
Then let us know which method was best.