Parking Garage Program

I am new to PLC programming (i am a web designer) have to write a program for work for a parking garage as follows -

One entrance gate where you get your ticket. Once you get the ticket the arm raises until vehicle passes - no tailgating

The exit gate has an arm, a red/green light and LED display

You present the ticket at the exit. If the time is less thenm 60 minutes cost is $2.00

every 15min extra costs $0.25

Longer then 4 hours less then 10 hours costs $12.00

From 10 - 24 hours costs $18.00

Longer then 1 day get 20% off every day there

LED display shows amount owed

The light stays red until you pay - once payment is verified green light and arm raises until vehicle passes.

i want to store the ticket number and at the exit gate scan the ticket number and compare it with the stored numbers to retrieve the tin=me and date in then do math functions for the total amount.

I am generating a ticket to a printer with a time and date stamp but cannot figure out how to store and retrieve the ticket number.

the attched files are how i am generating time and date stamp and ticket number

All this is just an exercise not real world on a PLC 5

4-23-2012 10-39-44 PM.jpg 4-23-2012 10-40-20 PM.jpg

If its only an exercise, why don´t you try one like this (just an idea).
LOL
I have been there and its impressive.

You can also take the car license plates with you, and wait for your car to come out from the factory floor and drive it home. They even have a 5* hotel in the factory grounds in case you want to go the day before the pick up.

Amazing high bay storage parking garage @ VW Autostadt Wolfsburg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iCv1KNeQ4w