IO cards can not be seen by RSLogix redundant system

Ambrish

Hi

I am working with RSLogix redundant system.Please find my project in attachment.My redundancy is working ok,ie,when I switch OFF, one CPU,other is becoming master and reverse.

But I am not able to see IO cards.I have two rack of IO.IO rack is connected over controlnet cable .Do I need RSNetwork Controll net software?

:unsure:

Thanks and expecting some answer .

Last edited:
1) get your IO to work without redundancy
2) Make sure that the Cards are the same - Same Hardware, Same firmware
3) make sure that the Redundant control net addresses are at high contorl net addresses

Yes you must use control net software to schedule the network

Ambrish,
you have analog I/O in the remote rack (1756_IF8H), but the controlnet card is configured for Rack Optimization. When you use analog, they should be direct connections not Rack Optimized. So I think you need to delet the cards and controlnet card and put them in again. When you put the Controlnet adpater back in, dont select rack optimized select none. This will raise your connections as each card will be a connection instead of 1 connection when using Rack Optomized. The best thing to do is place all your non analog cards under one controlnet adapter as Rack optomized, and place all the analog card under the other controlnet adapter. This way you can make one card rack optomized and the other as none. This will reduce the connections if it becomes an issue.

First try deleting and instaling again as non rack optomized the way you have it. You will need Controlnet software to schedule the connections. See if that helps