incrementing raw value on micrologix 1100

escoplcguy

Hey everyone, I am hoping that i can get an answer on this matter... I have a micrologix 1100 hooked up to a signal conditioner (Omrga DMD-466-DC) which is hooked up to a load cell. All the hook ups seem to be fine but my raw signal, under no load is constantly increasing up. It doesn't seem to stop increasing. Did i hook something up wrong? is it possible its the PLC,... i am using other analog inputs (4-20mA) and they are stable as they should be. Please help!

Also is there a default raw signal value for 4mA and 20mA?

Did you put a meter in series with the input and see if the ma signal is also increasing?

We will need to know what analog module and how it is configured to answer your default value question. See PDF below.

Last edited:
I would suspect a bad ground connection or damaged load cell.

Put a 4 to 20 current source on your PLC input and see if the PLC input register drifts with a steady current applied.

While you are doing this, observe the value of the PLC raw data input. Now you have the answer to that question.

If the PLC input is steady with the current sourse, the issue is outside the PLC.

You may need to test the load cell and or the signal conditioner separately.

Thanks for the help guys, I put my meter in meter in series with the input and the mA signal was increasing as well. then i put a pressure transducer on the channel and put pressure to it and the signal was solid. so it is either the load cell or the signal conditioner.

Also the 1764IF4 is the card i am using that you Mickey for the PDF was very helpful.