DNS, FTP and I'm losing hair, maybe

Benton

Hey,

Still trying set up my remote access but I am having a couple of problems. Ok, I haven't yet received my cord to that connects from my Cmore to Click. But I wanted to go ahead and set up my network so that I can acess the Cmore remotely.

Correct me if I am wrong, but would I be able to set up the IP address, FTP, DNS etc so that I can access my panel from my iphone or the web without being connected to the PLC? I ask this because everytime that I enter my routers IP address into my phone it is unable to connect. Maybe I am not doing somthing right as far as the set goes... Help

Without knowing bugger all about how you've got this all set up, this is just a guess...

You will need to set up port forwarding in your router to forward whatever port you access the panel on, to the panel. This might be port 80 if it's just a normal web page server in the panel.

Remember, your router has two IP addresses - the WAN Address (which you would use when accessing from the outside world) and a LAN Address. You need to tell the router that when packets come in one a certain port, forward them to your Panel on the local network.

This of course, opens up all sorts of security concerns in my opinion.

At a very least you should be using a Router with VPN ability. I believe the iPhones have VPN ability (where-as my Samsung Galaxy SII seems to not...) so probably worth looking into that once you've got it working without a VPN.

Without knowing bugger all about how you've got this all set up, this is just a guess...

You will need to set up port forwarding in your router to forward whatever port you access the panel on, to the panel. This might be port 80 if it's just a normal web page server in the panel.

Remember, your router has two IP addresses - the WAN Address (which you would use when accessing from the outside world) and a LAN Address. You need to tell the router that when packets come in one a certain port, forward them to your Panel on the local network.

This of course, opens up all sorts of security concerns in my opinion.

At a very least you should be using a Router with VPN ability. I believe the iPhones have VPN ability (where-as my Samsung Galaxy SII seems to not...) so probably worth looking into that once you've got it working without a VPN.

Thanks...!!!!