OT: Motor Identification...

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Anyone know what brand this motor is? I can make out "SEA..." and what looks like a "G" stamped on the tail end. Googling "Ohmstraße 4" tells me it's from Germany.

🍻

-Eric

bluemotor.jpg

Can you take a better picture where we can actually read the name plate? Try a good camera on the macro setting, or a phone camera with flash off.

Can you take a better picture where we can actually read the name plate? Try a good camera on the macro setting, or a phone camera with flash off.
Sorry, it's kinda hard to get a good shot. The motor is buried pretty deep in the machine. I could barely fit my hand up in there to take this picture.

Here's a closeup of just the label (from the same picture). The label isn't unreadable due to the flash. It's unreadable because it's worn off... :ROFLMAO:

I didn't think the detailed info on the label was very important. I'm only looking to find out who makes this motor. I figured an overall shot of the motor, with a partial name might be enough for someone to recognize it if they have used this brand.

🍻

-Eric

bluemotor1.jpg

You were right about being from Germany (y)

Evident by the presence of the Eszett. ;)

Stuff like this is why all motors should have permanently mounted metal name plates with well stamped numbers/letters. No stickers or inked on lettering. So many times I've seen motors used in harsh locations that have stickers. Either the adhesive deteriorates or the lettering gets wiped off when you brush the garbage from the motor to look at the numbers...

Evident by the presence of the Eszett. ;)

Stuff like this is why all motors should have permanently mounted metal name plates with well stamped numbers/letters. No stickers or inked on lettering. So many times I've seen motors used in harsh locations that have stickers. Either the adhesive deteriorates or the lettering gets wiped off when you brush the garbage from the motor to look at the numbers...

When dealing with a process that involves salt or harsh chemicals from sanitation crew, plates are going to come off one way or another. Only way to slow down the deterioration process would be a nice cover for it. IMO

When dealing with a process that involves salt or harsh chemicals from sanitation crew, plates are going to come off one way or another. Only way to slow down the deterioration process would be a nice cover for it. IMO

I'm sure the plates would last considerably longer than a sticker or paint, even in the harshest of environments. I'm sure nothing is going to be perfect for all environments, but a sticker? Really?

I'm sure the plates would last considerably longer than a sticker or paint, even in the harshest of environments. I'm sure nothing is going to be perfect for all environments, but a sticker? Really?

Why spend unneeded money on something that will last and the customer can benefit from? Stamping plates costs money!!!!

Dan Bentler

oh it looked like a plate to me on the picture but if it is indeed a sticker yeah I don't know why any manufacturer would put stickers on their motors/gearboxes...
Yup, just a sticker.

It's kind of hard to see in my first picture, but this motor is driving a flap wheel through a right angle gearbox. This is on a centrifugal scallop feeder (I rotated the picture 180°). The flap wheel just brushes excess parts from the top of the scallops.

This flap wheel is what wore away the sticker... 🙃

🍻

-Eric