WinCC Flex - Tag Multiplexing - CSV

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have approx 2000 tags I need to use in a mutiplex method. I exported the tag list to csv but the mutiplex tag has no multiplex data associated within the file.

Can I do this in Excel somehow or even a database hack or am i restricted to manually entering the data

Cheers

Hi,

I am not sure how it can be done directly in Excel or a database. But Multiplex tags in WinCC should show up through an OPC server like any other tag. If your multiplex tags appear in OPC Scout, XLReporter can get data or report automatically/on-demand from all the multiplex tags (including those associated with them). Try our evaluation version from http://www.TheReportCompany.com/product_download.htm. We also have technical note on how to connect to WinC.

Bill

Hi maybe i didnt explain correctly/ well enough.

Say I have 100 pumping stations called station 1...100
Next... Say each puimp station has 100 valves called valve 1..100

I am creating a single HMI page in wincc flex to look at pumping station x and then its valves 1..100

The tags are dynamic within wincc flex.

For StationNameInt Tag Value of
1 - Display would be Station 1 (Scotland)
2 - Display would be Station 2 (Wales)

etc

And valvetag1 value of
1-Scotland.Valve1Status
2-Wales.Valve2Status

etc

I would say that editing within EXCEL from a tag export file is not possible... and based on lack of replies no one has a work around

So hours of typing/clicking awaits me... wondering if my kids need more pocket money for some typing

Cheers

I don't know specifically what you are refering to but I had a OPC or DDE project in Excel about 8 years ago that had thousands of variables and the power of "Find and Replace" was a life saver for me. I coded it so that this method would allow me to whip through it. Still manually done but at 1/8th the time (if I recall it was octal based).

Hi.. forget opc/dde
Within the wincc flex editor i have 2 internal tags, 1 of type string called label, 1 of type int called pointer.

I also have plc tags called 'system 1...100'.

Multiplexing will let me do this within the wincc editor

If pointer=1 then Label= system1
If pointer=2 then Label= system2
ETC

When I export the tag database to excel the multiplexing is not included

As said before I dont think this is possible

There are some methods for searching and replacing within WinCC Flex, and copy with regular copy and flat copy.
You may have to experiment with it to find the proper procedure. But could be a way to do it.