Where do they come from and why do they keep finding me?

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Another new member directs his first post to me.
Swede_Progger wrote on Today 03:09 PM:
Hi!
You seem to know a bit about VB apps and PLC's.
I have earlier created VB Apps to S5 using the S5WSPS files.
They only support 16-bit compilation.
Do you know of any that support 32-bits for S5?

Do you know of any good comm files for programming VB-apps for the Siemens S7?
Something like the s5wsps files?

Sorry Swede, but I've never had the need to write any VB communications routines for Siemens PLCs.

When you send PMs to individual members, you're limiting the responses you'll receive. When you post to the public forum, the odds for getting good answers are significantly better.

Just that kind of a - face?

Well, without being able to see if you have a kind and knowledgeable face or not Steve, maybe the word "serendipity" covers the choice of sending you the PMs.

You could change your profile to "Steve, if I didn't send you a PM don't send me a PM, and I really mean it, Bailey"

Or maybe "Bad mood Bailey"

AK mentioned that it might be because of Steve's 1000+ post count. Since I don't (so far) get bugged, I think the PMers might be using the LIM instruction when choosing Steve. The question is, what is the 'High Lim' value... utoh

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. You may want to change your avatar Steve... Although you 'think' you don't have one (it's invisible to YOU), this is what everyone else sees... :p
[attachment]

pickme.jpg

I rarely get PM's but I do get phone calls, from those I havent given my number too. It seems that I am not hard to locate via internet. Hopefully others will contact me with actual work to perform one day instead of getting info to let them do it. I am by far too easy going in real life.

Hey Steve, since you guys have a special relationship, I will put this program up and you can send it to your best new friend. I agree that who ever emails you is limiting the amout of people that can help. Here is the application that will answer your "little buddy's" questions. It is a Native TCP VB application that has the source code and step by step info to write his own communication to a S7 PLC.

rsdoran said:
I rarely get PM's but I do get phone calls, from those I havent given my number too. It seems that I am not hard to locate via internet. Hopefully others will contact me with actual work to perform one day instead of getting info to let them do it. I am by far too easy going in real life.

Steve doesn't give away what city he's in. Otherwise, he might get phone calls. It's really too bad, too, because I'd have to get him a beer if he worked in my backyard. beerchug

AK

Actually, I never bothered posting my location because I'm so far out in the sticks. I never even considered that listing my town would make it easier for somebody to track down my telephone number. Phone calls from forum members would be a diversion from telemarketers peddling time share condos, long-distance phone plans, life insurance, or soliciting charitable donations.

Frankly, I'm flattered that new members seem to think that I'm uniquely qualified to answer their questions. If PMs get to be a nuisance, I can always disallow them in my member profile. I'm just surprised that people choose to ask their questions by sending PMs rather than posting to the public forum. I've got a pretty big ego, but its not so large that I think my answers are superior to all others.

If I'm ever lost in western Mass...

I'm assuming, of course, that Steve would have the time to take away from all those private messages he's getting.

Why not just change your handle to "Help Desk?"

AK

Shoulda kept my mouth shut...

Eric Nelson (AKA me) said:
...I don't (so far) get bugged...
I seem to have inadvertantly joined Steve's 'exclusive' club... :D
[attachment]
MAKE IT FOR HIM?!?!... :rolleyes:

Ar least he said thank you... :p

beerchug

-Eric

pm.jpg

Eric,

They say if you really want to be successful, dont do it yourself, get somebody else to do it for you..

Maybe he is actually studying for an MBA and the course is "Project Delegation 101".