rslogix5 dh+ to rslogix5000

Slite

Can anyone tell me how to transfer data from rs5 to rs5000? I have played around for a lil bit but cant seem to get it so if you could explain it from scratch I would appreciate it. :) Thnx in advance.

Ah, youth and it's affection for brevity.

I think you're talking about sending data from a PLC-5 to a ControlLogix controller using DH+ protocol.

This is discussed in detail in the 1756-DHRIO module user manual, and in about fifty different Knowbase articles that I found by using the keywords "DH+ and ControlLogix and PLC-5".

There are two basic principles to master:

1. Because the ControlLogix uses a Tag-based memory system instead of a PLC-5 Register-based memory system, some equivalency table must be set up between the two memory systems. This is defined in RSLogix 5000 in the "Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages" menu. I usually define an Array of INT or REAL data to match the PLC-5 File number for Bit, Integer, or REAL data that I want to exchange.

2. Because the ControlLogix CPU and the 1756-DHRIO module can reside in different slots of a 1756 chassis, there is another step in addressing a DH+ message besides just the Target Node. If the Target Node is all that is specified in a Local DH+ message from a PLC-5 to a ControlLogix, then the message will be routed to the Slot number defined as the "default Controller Slot" in the 1756-DHRIO setup (right-clict in RSLinx WHO to set this up). If messages must be routed to other slots in the Logix chassis, then a Routine Table must be set up with Link ID's for everything.

Remote DH+ Link addressing is too complex a topic for a discussion board, so I will refer you again to the 1756-DHRIO module user manual and the http://support.rockwellautomation.com knowledgebase.

I am sorry for the brief question. I am fairly new to this stuff so I know not the right things to ask all the time. Your assumption was right and thank you for answering. I did search the data base and have been looking at the manuals. It seems I am having troubles with addressing and routing. I am sending the msg from RSlogix5 via DH+ to RSlogix5000 (Control Logix). This goes through RSLinx which I have set up a routing table in. I also have set up the Contol Logix INT to coincide with the 16 bit RS5. If possible an example addressing scheme would be nice. Since I am new to this I do not know the terms to use properly but lets try this.

EX: I want to send B9:100 to contsol logix. The bit I am using will be in lets say File 10 Rung 10. My msg file will be MG5:5. Now I thought I had everything in order but I still cant seem to pass the information through to control Logix.

Again, Thank you for answering but if it is possible to go into a little bit more detail it would help me immensly! Thnx again in advnace!