Citect 7.1

Stelco1200

I need to find and delete unused tags from an existing project as I have run out of tags and need to add a new page to the project. Can anyone please tell me how I am go about this o_O

It seems to be:

Citect Project editor > Tools > options: here you check the box 'Warn about unused tags during full compile'.

To remove the tag:

the menu where you define the tag has a 'delete' button.

Hi thanks for the infomation, do you know if there is a tag editor within citect that lets you list all the tags? also is there any other way to identify unused tags? thanks

Use the Excel add in to open variable.dbf - also use the add in to save the dbf or it will not save properly.
You can also edit alarm.dbf and trend.dbf the same way.

Tags are only counted as they are used - so deleting unused tags will not help

Dang, I didnt know that. It totaly ruins my plan in a 15000point project that is reaching full usage of tags. I figured we could clean it up and save 1000+ tags that probably isnt in use anymore. However I guess we can still save a lot by removing old cicode etc that isnt running anymore but still uses old tags.

Hope I can still get a few 100 out of it :)