Motor Starters

Oldjoe,

Not exactly. A motor starter usually includes all the devices needed to start a motor (3-phase or 1-phase contactor, contactor coil, overload relay or overload device, auxlilary contacts), and if it is a "combination motor starter", then it will also have a circuit breaker or a fused disconnect switch.

A motor contactor is only some motor-rated contacts, and a coil to energize the contactor.

Similar Topics

Hello! Are there any options out there for Ethernet electronic motor starters? I know electronic motor starters are becoming more popular, but...
Replies
Views
We have a lot of equipment in our facility that have multiple motors powered from one disconnect or power plug. The motors are 480 volt, and we...
Replies
Views
Is this acceptable in the US? I have seen it on machines coming in from Europe, and am curious.
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to control 10 motor starters on a fan application. but I want motor starter 1 to 10 to work in the first week and MS2 to start in...
Replies
Views
I have to size a replacement motor starter with limited info . i have the hp 75 and voltage 240 . but nothing else . what is the formule for...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom