Repair Facilities

jtorres2_77

Which repair facilities do people use the most and what do you like and dislike most about them? I am trying to get a feel for what the customers main concern is.

My main concerns when dealing with third party repair companies:

Cost compared to new/repair from manufacturer
Turn Around times
Warranty

You don't say what equipment is being repaired. When I worked with Intermac stone CNC machines the rebuilt spindles were junk. The collets were usually not rebuilt, and the encoder gratings were usually damaged. On one job I had to mix parts from the old spindle and 2 rebuilts to get one working unit.
Is there specific equipment you are asking about ?

Like GlennA said, it really depends on what equipment..
Here in Holland we really love Unis http://www.unisgroup.com/ for repairing Siemens S5 (and other) stuff ;)

edit: they do end-of-life products repair, no longer supported by the manufacturer. although Siemens itself makes use of them...