SLC500 timer move help

mcaruana17

Hello I dont often use allen bradley and need a little help

I am trying to figure out how to take accumulated value of a timer (TON) from one address, store it and send it to another timer (TOF) . So far I used the mov instruction, T4:0.acc , n7:0. Then I moved that information to my TOF preset.

I basically want to energize a pilot light for the X amount of time I hold a PB.

sample.jpg

Do you want to have the light come on while you are holding the PB or after you release the PB?

it sounds like he wants to press then release a pushbutton. After the pushbutton is released turn on a light for the amount of time the pushbutton was pressed.

I read the OP statement literally and came to the conclusion that no PLC was needed. Just wire the pushbutton to the pilot light. Push and hold the PB for the X amount of time you need the light to burn, release the PB, light goes out.
It looks like an exercise for learning how to manipulate timer values. Based on bernie's idea, here is one way to do it.
See attached files.