OPC server

msl

hello all,

i am trying to connect a couple af machines in the factory to an OPC server. all the connections to the machines are fine but when i add one machine with a 315 2DP CPU with a 343 CP card. i get an error where my OPC server goes to stop. in step7 i get the error that my component is sending an negative s7 respons. when i look at my station configurator here i get the error message the component could not convert a SDB file.
My OPC server is installed to create all of the symbols. if i change this to none. the error goes away.
I have tried to search the net but found nothing.

It happens when you compile when you load the PC Station with the OPC Server ? Or after it has loaded and tries to go to run ?
Try to investigate the diagnostics tab in the Station Configurator.

You can also try to load via an .XDB file in stead of downloading from NetPro. It is a little less error prone.

it happens after it has loaded an tries to ga to run.
i investigate the diagnostic tab in the configurator
here i get the message: OPC server could not convert a SDB file
and the symbol file could not be created on this computer.
the strang thing is that i have made connection with 8 different machines where a couple of them have the same CP card and these work without any problem
I also tried to import an XDB file but here again my OPC server goes to stop

Is your Simatic Net software, Simatic Softnet IE LEAN ?
LEAN is limited to 8 connections.
But I would have expected the error message to point that out if it was the case.
Just a thought.

good idea but we have the full version now.
I also have already 9 connections that work so this can't be te problem i think?
And I now that last week when i started with this i added this machine as 3. And then i also got this problem.
I am searching the net but there isn't mutch to find about this problem..

Does not sound as it has to do with lean or non-lean versions.
Not sure what can be the problem.
I would start to do things like, starting all over from scratch, trying with other PCs, inserting another connection (maybe a dummy, it does not matter, only it will be unable to connect to the nonexisting partner).

Also do not hesitate to try Siemens Support, they typically help you after ½-1 days wait.

starting from scratch isn't a very good idea i think. it works with 9 components. Now i'm gonna try to make a new HW config of this machine and just put in the blocks that i need for logging
Ok thanks if i don't find it i will try this.
Thanks for your help anyway

yeah ok thats right but first i'm gonna try to connect just that one machine with the OPC server and than i will see how to do the rest.
But i doesn't have any effect if i make a new configuration and to get again the same problem.
I will let you now how it goes.

hello Jesper,

Now the logging works.
I made a new HW configuratie that is the same as the machine.
Give the CP the same IP adress and only copied the datablocks that i need for logging from the parameters in this project.
Now i don't get any errors and see in OPC scout that the connection is good.
Thanks for the help

I now but it can be usefull for other people that have the same problem.
I have noticed it also and it is quid annoying actually