SLC 5/04 and Analog Input Help

JoseM

I'm trying to get an OMRON temperature controller transfer output of 4-20ma which is equal to the PV in the system into a 1746-NIO4I module.

I already wired the module and the temperature controller. When I was looking at the PLC, I could see a value changing on the SCP instruction I added but the number that the instruction outputs, doesn't match the PV temeprature from the OMRON control.

Any help will be much appreciated

are your scp min and m ax set up right. For example for an analog signal you have to have scale numbers set for the right values. Look in the manuals they will tell you what those should be at its something like 3277-32768 or something in the ballpark, then you set the bottom two values to display what the temps are going to be for instance 100-500 degrees

I just realize what my problem was. The Scaled Min and Max on my temperature controller was set to -100 - 1500 F and when I set my instruction the Scaled Min and Max I enter where -100 - 800 C.

I was mixing the two scales Farenheits and Celsius causing the strange readings.

It's a good job the PV wasn't -40

You'd have never known there was a problem...