Character - lower case to upper case, SCL? or STL?

rpop91

Hey guys,

Back again. I'm having trouble finding a simple way to convert each character in an array from lower case to upper-case.

I can't seem to find a simple solution. Would it be a good idea to write this in SCL or is there a SFB or something I don't know about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Back again. I'm having trouble finding a simple way to convert each character in an array from lower case to upper-case.

I can't seem to find a simple solution. Would it be a good idea to write this in SCL or is there a SFB or something I don't know about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Generally one would subtract 32 Dec. from the lower case character's value to get the Upper Case character equivalent.

Here's upper to lower...

Code:
FUNCTION fc112:VOID

VAR_in_out
   ac:ARRAY[1..100] OF CHAR; 
END_VAR    
VAR_temp
i:INT;
x:INT;
ct AT x:ARRAY[1..2] OF CHAR;
END_VAR 

BEGIN
x:=0;
FOR i:=1 TO 100 DO
ct[2]:=ac[i];    
IF(x>=65 and x<=90) THEN 
 x:=x+32;
 ac[i]:=ct[2];
END_IF;
END_FOR;
END_FUNCTION;

Here's upper to lower...

Code:
FUNCTION fc112:VOID

VAR_in_out
   ac:ARRAY[1..100] OF CHAR; 
END_VAR    
VAR_temp
i:INT;
x:INT;
ct AT x:ARRAY[1..2] OF CHAR;
END_VAR 

BEGIN
x:=0;
FOR i:=1 TO 100 DO
ct[2]:=ac[i];    
IF(x>=65 and x<=90) THEN 
 x:=x+32;
 ac[i]:=ct[2];
END_IF;
END_FOR;
END_FUNCTION;

Thanks a lot, changed a few things in that code and worked perfectly.