Step7 V5.1 --> Step7 V5.2

Prince

It was app. 2 years that I was working with Step7 V5.1 :) Rather Good Not bad ! I must say !
in the start of my new project all the software people of the team upgraded their software to V5.2 which seems to us a disaster up to know. I am writing our problems here May be somebody in charge can get my feedback or may be some pals can help :

1 - It is Very heavy for nothing , All of us are using new P4 laptops and all of us found it much slower than the V5.1. The new features were not fruitful for us up to now.

2 - I myself can not stand this new arrangement of variables, It is very hard to copy and paste . And also when we change assignments in some conditions they don't change in the software. We found a relation and discription about that but I was much more easy with the last variable configuration

:cool:
I would be happy if anybody else add more comment about it

I know. As a trainer I have big problems with Siemens changing the user interface all the time. Everytime a new (sub)version comes up I have to rewrite my courses. And with the speed Siemens comes up with versions, I'm unable to keep up. Compared to AB (same interface for all versions of RSLogix5000 I use), it really is a disaster.

Kind regards,

Some of the new ideas are good like program structure and variable table built into the Lad/Stl/Fbd editor with view or hide, however i hate what they have done with symbol information instead of the nice neat box underneath your network it now incorporates it into the logic, which is messy if you have a long explanation of an address. I agree with you it seems very slow in comparison to the old software. However the inclusion of process diagnostics into the basic package is a god send for me.

stevo said:
however i hate what they have done with symbol information instead of the nice neat box underneath your network it now incorporates it into the logic, which is messy if you have a long explanation of an address.

Hello stevo,

i think you can customize this through Options -> Customize -> Lad/FBD -> uncheck "Display symbol information at address" in the editor.

Jarno

Hi Jarno,

Yep your right, Unticked the box and now all is back to how i like it (Dunno how i missed that one)

Thanks Steve