Profinet Comms to PC

Revver

Hi

Can anyone help with this standard problem.

I have a 315 2PN/DP CPU, the Profinet is to be connected to a PC which will send the CPU a value representing a product size. I cannot see where in the S7 software i set up the data area where the PC will write the data to.

I don't know what card is in the PC as this is coming from a third party company.

I have done this previously with DP PLC - PLC but this is the first time i've been requested to link PN to a PC for data.

Hoping you can help.

"Profinet" is an Ethernet protocol similar to "Ethernet IP" or "Modbus TCP/IP". They all use the lower levels of Ethernet equally but the top layers are as different as speaking "Farsi" and "Japanese". You will need software that speaks "Profinet" on the PC.
OPC attempts to be a "universal" translator.