Would someone kindly migrate these example programs to Step 7 V11?

prime62

It finally happened. I work for an OEM and a customer has spec'ed all Siemens PLC hardware. Normally we use either Mitsubishi or GE but they chose a brand that I know very little about. I called the rep and got the latest version at the time (Step 7 Professional, V11 SP1 Update 1), installed it, and started looking at the help files and code examples.

Now I am at the point that I would like to look at some of the example programs that users have posted on this forum but I am running in to a problem. They were all created with earlier versions of Step 7 and version 11 cannot migrate them without version 5.5 or 5.4 also installed on the same PC. Since our company has not used Siemens in the past I don't have a licensed copy of either of those previous versions.

Would somebody be so kind as to migrate a couple of the projects found on this site to Step7 version 11 and then repost them or email them to me? I am specifically interested in the projects attached to following posts:

Step7: Sectioning a large FB
Siemens s7 ladder indirect addressing
STEP7 UDTs and initial values

I realize that I could have my rep do this but I thought that it might help out someone else in the same situation if they were reposted here.

Thanks in advance.

step 7 V5.x VS Tia portail V11 (or 10.5) are very different program and migration are just working a little bit for very simple coding but for any special function it won't migrate.

Anyway it won't help much to learn step7 if you need to work on TIA

You better look for TIA exemples...

You may experience some difficulty usual for a new soft but at the end, You may stick with this brand...
Just a great option VS GE is that you don't need to create special coil just for a timer or comparator then using the m data in your ladder, you can directly in the middle of a rung put a comparator value or use an internal done bit of the timer etc...(if you are using ladder logic)

By the way you should download Service Pack 2 for your soft

You will have to make several passes when compiling as some blocks will not compile until blocks/data they reference have been compiled.

The source code is in absolute addresses, you can enter the symbolic names in the symbol table to view in symbolic mode after compiling everything..

Last edited: