regarding ip change from message

rohitmane

i have used two compact logix l32 e for backup redundancy and also scada factory talk is there. i have compeleted backup redundancy for compact logix well it works quiet similiar to control logix . but the problem i have now facing about ip address of Secondary ip for primary is 192.168.0.100 and for secondary 192.168.0.101 now at the time of switch over to secondary plc ip for scada also changes and communication of scada breaks. for This what should i do whether is there any provision to change ip of secondary by messaging please reply as quickly as possible. Help..............................................................................................................................................................................................................

If this works the same as ControlLogix redundancy, you set both IP addresses the same, and the secondary processor assumes a "fake" address, 1 higher than you set it.

When switchover occurs, and the secondary becomes the primary, the IP addresses also switchover, so the SCADA/HMI continues to communicate with the running primary.

Except, of course, it does not work like ControlLogix Redundancy. I get a little annoyed when users expect it to.

The CompactLogix "hot standby" system provides a backup DeviceNet scanner and CPU. It lacks all of th other important features of ControlLogix Redundancy, including ControlNet/EtherNet I/O networking, automatic data crossloading, automatic edit synchronization, and automatic IP address swapping.

While it is possible to programmatically change the IP address of a CompactLogix, doing so will lead you into the swamp of issues regarding MAC tables in your switches and ARP tables in your computers.

My preferred way to handle this is to employ Alias Topic Switching in RSLinx Classic. Does your SCADA system support alias topic switching or some other communications failover method ?

As usual, Ken, you have the "up" on me. o_O

At least I said "If this works the same as...."