slc500/3 fault

Hello all

We are having a problem with a SLC500/3 PLC, with the module 1746-BAS
The Plc has been in use for six years with the same program, no modifications have been carried out.
The fault code is 57H. The module was replaced with a new one but the problem persists.

I was hopping that someone out there had any ideas on what else I can look for.

Many Thanks
V.F

this looks interesting ...

this is not specifically for your type module ... but it looks like it might help ... good luck ...

Knowledgebase

for anyone interested: to find this material I opened RSLogix500 and started a new file for a SLC-5/03 ... I went to Processor Status and clicked on the Errors tab ... I went to S:6 and typed in "57h" ... the error description which popped up said: "Specialty I/O module in slot 0 has not responded to a lock shared memory command within the required time limit." ... I then went to the Allen-Bradley Knowledgebase and did a search for "lock shared memory" ... note that I DID enter the quote marks in order to search for the phrase ...

The BAS module uses a memory buffer that both the SLC processor and the BASIC module processor can both read or write to.

This error suggests the BASIC module is not allowing the SLC access to this shared memory buffer.

If nothing has really changed in the program, then you are going to need to think about what could have.

1. Is the device that is sending data in on the BASIC module serial port still working the same? It is very easy to check this kind of thing with HyperTerm.

2. Has the SLC program been changed? New modules, new program?

3. Have the PSU and Chassis been swapped out?

After replacing the module, did you try and reset the error? If not, try opening Logix 500, view your status file, and clear the error.

Alternatively, make sure your Fault Over-ride at PowerUp is True (S:1/8).

Good luck,

Marc