anyone use 6ES71384HA000AB0 151-7 Cpul DP master

Tommycai

I am having trouble configuring this module and curious if anyone has used it before I am going off the manual but feel as though as I am missing a point. The BF is Flashing and the SF is constant on.

from the 151-7_CPU_e.pdf the troubleshooting is this

I slave not configured or
incorrectly configured
 Incorrect but permissible
station address configured
 Configured address areas of
the actual configuration not
identical to the target
configuration
 Station failure of a
configured sender in direct
data communication
 DP master does not exist or
is switched off

Check the hardware of
the ET 200S
 Check the configuration
and parameterization of
the ET 200S
 Check the setting for the
configured address areas
for the master

Is there a power switch? or just connect profibus?

Dont know how your system is configured.
Please elaborate more. or post a zipped copy
Kalle may look at that.

this is a note from Siemens Site

Preconditions
The master interface module must always be inserted to the right of the CPU. The use of the interface on the master interface module requires a CPU with MLFB 6ES7151-7AA10-0AB0 and firmware version V2.1. IM 151-7 CPUs with firmware version 2.0 can be upgraded. The firmware is available on the Internet for downloading.
Programming is with STEP7 version V5.2 with Service Pack 1 and higher.

I have the module on the right as described on the pdf also I made the right module master under properties and the left one the slave and connected the two using profibus. I can communicate with the hmi. I deleted the ob86 ob82 ob121 to see if the plc would stop and display a fault but it didn't. I will check the version number. I don't think that I checked that. I'll keep working on it. thanks for the reply.

I have the module on the right as described on the pdf also I made the right module master under properties and the left one the slave and connected the two using profibus. I can communicate with the hmi. I deleted the ob86 ob82 ob121 to see if the plc would stop and display a fault but it didn't. I will check the version number. I don't think that I checked that. I'll keep working on it. thanks for the reply.

I am not sure i understood correctly but are you trying to connect the CPU port (left side unit) with the DP master (right side unit) using profibus cable? I am wondering why as they are already internally connected.

The port on the CPU can be configured to be either in MPI mode or as a DP slave. You have to make sure that this port is configured in DP slave mode (Hardware configuration, selected the port of the CPU and change properties)

Usually the DP master is connected to an external device, you must try communicating with an external slave device.

The cpu is configured as dp slave. I added the profibus cable because the pdf instructed to do. When not having the profibus cable connected to it then I do not see it in the diagnostics reading node. I am trying to control an external device using the master.