Micrologix 1200

quebmaint

Hi all I'm sure this question has been posted before. I know how frustrated some of guys get with redundant questions but I'm sure what search parameters to enter so please don't beat me up to bad.
I don't get to mess with analog systems to much so I'm sure my problem is with my analog programming. I'm tinkering in the shop with programming and when I go off line to add logic to the program I'll loose comms and have to power down and up pressing the reset button on the 1200 to reestablish comms on links I'm just using rs232 for communications. I'm getting no fault lights to point me in the right direction

Check to make sure you are not changing the comm port configuration when you download the changes.

What driver are you using to communicate with in RSLinx? The default is DF1 protocol.

If you can post the program you have been dowloading to the ML1200. It's .RSS file. Zip it first then post.

I was thinking I was getting data collision. Because when I'm downloading I get the blue bar about 3/4 of the way complete I'm not sure where it stops then it says down load has failed then I have no communication until I reset the Plc. I didn't think about it changing the configuration on me. I'm used to just clicking ok and never having problems

A download should not fail just because you change the comm port configuration. You will just get a warning that the comm config is about to be changed and you will lose communication.

Something else is going on. Do you get any other description about the failed download, an error message?

Do you only have one driver configured in RSLinx? Or something else trying to use the comm port?

Again can you post the program you are trying to download?

I believe its the offline file communication configuration that causes you to go offline after the download, try to check your offline file first and set the coms to Df1 then save it, then download thereafter..

cheers,