Philps io30

lazaro1974

I am working on Philips PLC IC30 Can anyone help me which software is required and cable detils. to download program to PLC. o_O

If I'm correct I'm guessing you're talking about a Philips MC30 system. If so, these PLCs became obsolete in the early 90's, but it seems some other company, namely Nyquist, took over the design and has restarted production on these relics from the past.

The cable and the interface you need are propriety, as far as I know there's no information released about it. The software you need used to be called PDS3.5 and I don't know if there has been released any newer version since the mid 90's.

Good luck on your hunt and if I were you, I would re-design the whole thing with a newer PLC from a better available type and brand.

Kind regards,

Yes, that's definitely an MC30 system. The main module (the PLC itself) is mounted on the panel with two I/O extension modules (the IO30's) piggybacked on it. Boy, it was over 20 years ago when I used to work with those babies.

The programming language is PC20 and was used for the PC20, MC20 and MC30 family of PLCs. The instruction set consists of only 31 low level mnemonic instructions. The addresses range consists of 4 pages of 512 nibbles (4 bits). Only the first page is bit-addressable. It doesn't even know a timer instruction: you have to count clockpulses in several BCD registers to construct a timer, you do the same but without the clockpulses to construct a counter. Those days we had to know how a timer did work, if not we couldn't even program one. But it did use BCD instructions to count and do math (add, subtract, divide and multiply only). Programming calculations had a lot in common with doing math on paper, long divisions and so on.

I hope you're able to find the PDS3.5 software, if not you'll have to find a handterminal and save the program on audio tape. Or type it in entirely whenever you want to change something.

Kind regards,

Back
Top Bottom