newbie needs help

jusalgt2

hi! to all,

can someone gimme a download link of siemens s7 ver.4 sp1? We have lost our dvd installer and we don't know now what to do.

can you guys advice us what to do? we are from a University and we have purchase 10 PLC's last 3 years ago. :)

your help will be appreciated.

what I was thinking of that.. :) anyways thanks mate.. we legitimately purchased those PLC's of course.

thanks for your advice.

It doesn't matter where your PLC's came from, the software is a separate purchase.

That's not the issue - they purchased both the software and the PLCs, however appear to have lost the original install disks. Whether or not Siemens will help them out without a new software purchase is another story!

ALL the install disks are available online for free. Siemens hosts its own disks, not sure about other manufacturers. (or they did a couple months ago when I needed them)

You can use your original license keys with any install disk.

If you don't have a license, then you need to get one for each install.

The IT dept loves to clone hard drives and setup new laptops with a ghosted image and then Siemens and AB notice they have 15 installs and only 10 licenses.

So try to keep your installs sorted or the auditors will disable some of your software.

Thanks guys for the prompt reply. I try to download from the siemens website. the higher version which has new interface compare from the old one. anyways, it just need a bit of exploration I know.

thanks guys! keep safe. :)