S7 Online Comms

Yorkshirelad

Hi all,

This is my first thread, I'm pretty new to S7 so it may seem a simple one!

I can get online via MPI to any PLC we have on site but when I try and do this via ethernet on a network switch only a few let me go online with the others I get the no communication fault. Is there something basic I need to be checking before I try to connect online?

Thanks in advance.

If there is an ethernet port on the CPU or via a CP343-1 then in principle you can get online with it.
Basically you need to be able to reach the CPU or CP via its IP address (*). So if you can ping the CPU you should be able to go online with it. A little bit more information would help.

*: Exception is when ISO protocol is used. This is very little used nowadays.

Similar Topics

At our facility we have some strange behavior from one of our ControlLogix PLCs. It runs three palletizers. We have had some rare but very...
Replies
Views
Hi. I’m trying to upload program from existing PLC S7-1200. Create new project in TIA v15.1 then upload. After upload successfully, go online but...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of a way to detect if someone is online with the controller in ControlLogix (from logic) I'm thinking that maybe there is a CIP...
Replies
Views
Got a VIPA 315-2AG23 that i try to go online with but can't seem to make it work through a network. I can go online if i'm plugged directly in the...
Replies
Views
I'm getting the Dreaded "Failed to go Online with the Controller, Unable to Open Connection - All Connections may be in use" I suspect an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom