Help needed Klockner Sucosoft S20 Instructions

Chadk1971

Hi all, looking for some help with an old Klockner Moeller PS22 program. I have a hardcopy of a legacy program that is printed out in the Instruction List generated by the S20 software. This is being converted to TwinCAT.

No problems, the code is mostly straight forward except for the JUMP commands. There are several hundred instances of a jump command that I am unsure of, and can't seem to decipher from looking at the surrounding code. The Instruction List command is "JI". Is this an Immediate Jump, or something more cryptic like Inverted Jump? I can find no instances of JN in the code, and the way the JI commands are placed don't make a lot of sense if they are Immediate Jump commands, so I am wondering if this is an older way that Klockner used to indicate a JUMP NOT?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as finding any documentation on these old PLCs is practically impossible.

I have done a lot of work in the past using the PS 22 and also the older PS24.
The JI instruction is jump if low, meaning if the result of the previous instructions after the last = instruction is low then jump to the address after JI.
The PS 22 did not have system timers or counters, so they were generally made up using scan dividers using these JI instructions. It would be common to use 100 or more instructions for a timer or a counter using markers.
In their day these were a very reliable machine with very fast response times, but they were extremely expensive.
If you still need some help with this please feel free to message me. I still have a working PRG22 programmer for these PLC's

Thank you Liam! The JI's are indeed part of a large timer network, using one pulse train input and dividing it numerous times to create various different time bases. I finally figured out what was going on two days ago after staring at it for quite some time, and it is very reassuring to get validation from someone with experience in these PLCs.

Still find it hard to believe that I will be able to condense several thousand lines of code into 52 timer functions!

Good afternoon.
We rewrite the program for PS24 to another PLC. The listing is printed on paper and dated as early as 1988!
There are incomprehensible commands and we do not have a description of the programming language for this PS24. Command mnemonics: J, NO (inverted), and T.

We understand that J is a jump, but under what conditions? T is a timer, but with what operand time? NO - maybe it is a permanent contact, such as P_on on Omron PLC.

Please help me.
Sincerely, Yuri!

My aploogies for not getting back to you on this.
To explain the J and the JI below, the J is an unconditional jump to the address shown 0942. The program will always perform this jump unconditionally. The only way to prevent the jump is to not execute the statement, which is done with a JI instruction somewhere upstream.

The JI is a conditional jump to address depending on the preceding statement. In the segment beginning with address 0898, if the Input I0218 is low then the program will jump to address 0918. If Input I0218 is high then the program will just carry on at the next segment starting address 0900

km sshot.JPG