Date time

Waldg

I want to activate an alarm from 6pm to 7am during the months October through march. And from 8pm to 6am for the rest of the months. Using a dl06 plc. Does directsoft have a conditional instruction with a range of values?

I would just use comparison instructions. You may have to add a few more compares to handle the changeover from Sept. to Oct. and Feb. to Mar. at midnight if it's an issue.

🍻

-Eric

DL06Month.jpg

Thanks Eric that's how I am doing it now I was hoping for a easier way. It gets more complicated when adding minutes to the time.

Ops I was thinking of using "and" when testing the condition between march and October, sorry

Thanks Eric that's how I am doing it now I was hoping for a easier way. It gets more complicated when adding minutes to the time.

Presuming this thread is related to your question about julian dates, I have some questions about what your needs are.

1. What are your needs concerning daylight savings time?

2. In this latest post you mention minutes, what about days of the week, Monday, Teusday ect.

3. Are there ay other conditions regarding the real time clock you have not mentioned yet?

4. Are the times entered in a hmi?

5. In the first post you mentioned changing the start and stop for the event based on a monthly basis. If I'm reading your original post correctly, the on time crosses over midnight. What do you want to happen on the last day of March, the start time would be 6 PM and the end time would be in the next month but the end time would be in April? Do you need the first turn off in April to be 7 AM or 6 AM? I believe this is what Eric was asking in post #2.

Thanks for the reply. in this project minutes, weekdays are not important. What Eric showed will work. You raised the question on time changes fast/slow time. I need to think about that yet. I am trying to get ideas for future needs. In the joulian date question I was trying to find a way to put a date stamp on some recipies. I don't see a need to enter a date from a hmi for this project.