beckhoff twincat

brambc

Hello

Is there any good documentation to program in twincat
How to use the visualization and the links in variables.
I'm used to program with step7 and I want to learn to program in twincat.

I found how to do the hardware configuration but the links
and the visualization on plc control is very different then step7.

best regards
Bram

Bram i think you will be contacted by another geek.
twincat is from 3s-software.com
they have a forum running put your questions there
if you fill in a variable press F2 and you will get a list of possibilities.
you can make your own vis without any other program.
you can even send them to a network as a java picture.
you can simulate running for free.

Use Beckhoff's Information System (Online or download it). Some Codesys 2.3 manuals document the visualization rather well

This may be helpful if you are just getting started:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_nFE9wx8OM

The visualization in TwinCAT/CodeSys seems difficult at first because it may first be hard to grasp that the simple shapes are much more than a shape. They can show data, act as a button, and even animate. When displaying data, the text field uses C style program formatting. For example, to display and integer, put %d in the text box.

When it comes to variables in the visualization, remember the F2 key will become you best friend. Use it to keep from mis typing variable names.