Communication driver for Micrologix1200 PLC

gurjit_sng

I have Micrologix1200, can I communicate it with 1747-PIC/AIC +Driver. This unit is being used with HMI. I have RS LOGIX500 software installed.

Also I was facing problem to communicate with 1747-PIC driver with CPU SLC5/01 since some error message og Windowns Compatibilty issue of LOGO TEsting for RSLINX is coming with my system, Iam using Windows XP with Service Pack 3, is this not compataible with service pack 3.

Last edited:
If the serial port on your ML1200 is configured for DH485, then yes you can use that driver. You will need a real serial port on your PC to use this driver.

What is the complete catalog number of your HMI?

See link below for a fix when using SP3.

If the serial port on the ML1200 is configured for DF1 then use the RS232 DF1 devices driver.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51959

If the serial port on your ML1200 is configured for DH485, then yes you can use that driver. You will need a real serial port on your PC to use this driver.

What is the complete catalog number of your HMI?

See link below for a fix when using SP3.

If the serial port on the ML1200 is configured for DF1 then use the RS232 DF1 devices driver.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=51959
Ok I will check for that, HMI is Panel View Plus 600 (Allen Bradley).

Also I am changing the Windows Service Pack from 3 to service pack2 so that I can use driver PIC with AB PLC. Is that ok to do so, since I was getting error message of compatibility issue with microsoft.

really not sure if its possible to downgrade service packs in Windows XP. Also I wouldn't advise running SP2 instead of 3 for the missing security updates. Browse around the forum some. If i remember correctly, there is a thread with a detailed fix step-by-step somewhere.