Problems with S7-adapters on Windows 7 64bit

Jirrr

Hi,I am not able to make work my PC Adapter on windows 7 64,is there anyone who had the same problem? Exist some solutions? I have read on Siemens pages that it should work but.............
Have a nice day...

Hi,Yes I mean USB PC Adapter....Strange that it works for You,I tried everything without success...it works with XP,it works with Windows 7 86 but not with Windows 7 64....You use W7 64??? and I find peoples that have the very same problem...
Nice day

I have had the same problem , tried all sorts of drivers.
Works fine on XP.
We only use S7lite so we run an XP Virtual machine.
I think it's a driver issue in windows 7.

Yes Step 5.5,windows 7 pro 64....I tried today my USB/PPI multimaster cable and it does not work either.....
Just now I had a success with windows 7 32 pro...there is all perfect...
I will try my computer at home I have also w7 64 pro and will see...

Not sure what to suggest? Using an alternative port (which I'm sure you've tried). Closing down any other programs that might interfere with it? Making sure the PG/PC Interface settings are correct? Trying a different PLC (just in case the PLC com port has a problem).

Thanks for suggestions,I think I will take a few days rest and try it again with new instalation and after clearing my head a little....I tried hard but find nothing and maybe I overlooked something really banal...I will let You know then...
Have a nice day..

When you say it's not working - do you get an error message? What is it?
Does the adapter show up in the HW manager in Windows?
What LED are lit on the adapter?

I Instaled Step 5.5 then conected Pc Adapter then windows started instaling driver /part of step 5.5/ then windows anounced Driver instaled sucessfuly...
I can see PC adapter /MPI,PPI,Profibus/ in PG/PC then try to choose MPI profile and there is a message something like "Linking point does not exist"
By the way All 3 diods are lit....

Normally, all 3 lights lit means it's communicating?

There's normally just a standard "Your adaptor is faulty" type Siemens message if it doesn't communicate.

Have you tried it with the PLC in stop as well as run mode?

Have you got a Micro Memory Card installed correctly??

What type (i.e. part no) is the PLC?

Hi,as I have written before with XP and W7 32 adapter works without problems so CPUs /I tried 315PN/DP and some S7-200 CPUs/ will be OK and I tried more CPUs /even in Stop/
I have the same problem also with my PPI cable...For me is very important to know that You use it with W7 64 and it works,I feared there is some Siemens problem and that would not surprise me...I will try to reintall my windows...

Yep, it certainly sounds like there's a problem with your OS installation. Maybe try a "virtual" installation of Win 7 64bit using VM Player within your existing OS to see if it works within that?

Or, if a reformat isn't a concern for you then do that. Hopefully that will fix it.

;-)