WinCC Flex recipe , Part 11

Kasperv79

Hi.

I have this little problem on a WinCC Flexible installation.
The system is using WinCC Flexible recipes. According to CFR21 p. 11 it must not be possible to overwrite an existing recipe, and therefore it is possible to disable the “SAVE” button which we have done. However the “SAVE AS” is still there to be able to save a new version of the recipe, but if you don’t change the recipe name and you push “YES” when it tells you that the recipe is already existing, the old recipe will be overwritten with the new one.

Is there a way to avoid the possibility to overwrite an old recipe? To me it should simply not be possible to push “YES” and overwrite the old recipe, it should just tell that the recipe is already existing and ask the user to write a new recipe name.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Br Kasper

Are you using the Audit option for WinCC Flexible ?
If yes, then what you describe must be a bug that has to be fixed by Siemens.

edit: I have no experience with Audit, but I believe it used for exactly that what you describe.

Last edited:
Further more:

If i use recipe viewer and changes are made to a recipe, let say a value is changed from 10 to 20, then it's not logged in audit trail, I don't thing audit trail have the abillity to log/view changes made inside system function....

I have not used the Audit option, but I guess you have to read the manual very carefully.
It may be that the security and logging functions only work if a certain procedure is used when you configure the project. If not, then report your findings to Siemens and ask them to fix it.