SLC Processor and Ethernet Comm ????

JoseM

Got a quick question on ethernet communication. I have an SLC 5/05 who is talking via ethernet to a panel view and two other machines. The IP network where these machines are talking follows this scheme 191.16.xxx.xxx.

I'm also running a wireless network where a large quantity of the PLC's on the production floor can be access.

This particular SLC 5/05 is not part of the wireless network and I will like to added to it, Do I have to acquire a new Ethernet module to put on this PLC to be able to program it to join the wireless network which runs on a different IP scheme.

I do not believe you can buy ethernet modules for SLC's like you can for controllogix.

If you are using managed switches in your plant, you can set up routing tables to bridge the two LANs together. Talk to your IT department and see if this is possible.

The facility where I'm at has a Contrologix PLC with two DH+/RIO modules, Ethernet/IP module, and an Ethernet module (1756 -ENET).

all the PLC 5/04 are connected to this rack through DH+ and the PLC 5/05 is connected to the 1756-ENET module. This rack is also connected to a wireless router which I use to access all the PLC's remotely.

When I open RSLinx, it shows the Ethernet/IP module and it branches down with the other modules. I'm showing a picture of the set up for your information.

RSLinx Shot.jpg