S7-1200 firmware update

kamalice

hi friends,

i have used S7-1214 DC/DC/RLY PLC for my project.while downloading the project it shows OK.DIFFERENCE IN LOWER LEVEL COMPONENT.when searching in siemens support website it is mentioned that i have to update my firmware for my PLC.i have used 2MB memory card in PLC. is it possible to update firmware with 2MB card & where should i get the firmware updates.

o_O

You have to use Siemens stupidly ridiculously expensive 24MB card. In the UK the card costs £263.00, a new S7-1214 DC/DC/RLY PLC is £310.00 which only £47.00 more. I keep my card in a gold case, the gold case was less expensive than the memory card.

But there's no problem in "borrowing" such a card from Your local Siemens sales representative.

I did it, made a tour with it, updated 10 PLCs and returned the card to Siemens, no additional costs :)

Adfox, has the right idea, the distributor you purchase your equipment from should be willing to loan you a card to to do the updates.