Intouch plc5 to Controllogix

asterof

Huge intouch app used to talk to a PLC5
Created Controllogix Code using PLC5 mapping
Can I keep the PLC5 driver in Intouch to talk PLC5
format to Controllogix ?, so all those tags dont need to be changed.

BTW I do it in iFix and RSview all the time

Simple answer is YES.

As long as the "Map PLC/SLC messages" is set up correctly in the ControlLogix, it will work. The "Map Messages" feature was designed for the eventuality of (legacy) devices that have no knowledge of Logix5000 tag databases.

But I think it better overall to change the driver in Intouch to a ControlLogix driver to talk to the tags directly.

Tried but could not get it to work

Created a new PLC program
Created a B3 as an INT
Mapped 3 as B3
Created a new intouch app
made one display
made one Digital Input tag as B3/0
Was using the DASABTCP driver
Could not get it to communicate

Is the ABDASCIP driver configured to navigate to "Slot 0", or does it just end at the IP address ?

When you communicate with a PLC-5, the message ends at the IP address of the controller's port. Because ControlLogix is modular, the communications driver needs to specify a hop to the backplane, then the Slot number of the CPU (usually Slot 0).

Make sure to configure your test data as arrays, like "N7[10]". Using individual elements instead of an array might work, but arrays will definitely work.

Does ABDASCIP give you any useful error message ?

Is the ABDASCIP driver configured to navigate to "Slot 0", or does it just end at the IP address ?
In the setup it has a place for slot 0 and the IP
not together

Give me till tomorrow, i can take a few screen shots

Was using the DASABTCP driver
Could not get it to communicate

Does ABDASCIP give you any useful error message ?

Two different DA servers being described here. Intouch requires DASABTCP to communicate with a PLC5 and DASABCIP to communicate with a ControlLogix.

I added that 0 because of this

"Is the ABDASCIP driver configured to navigate to "Slot 0", or does it just end at the IP address ?"

I then took it back off cause it made no difference

That's not where you enter the slot number for the cpu. Enter it where it says "slot number" in your second screen shot. The default is zero so it's thinking your cpu is in slot 0. If you look in the logger, there should be some error messages that will help you troubleshoot.

setup is correct

That's not where you enter the slot number for the cpu. Enter it where it says "slot number" in your second screen shot. The default is zero so it's thinking your cpu is in slot 0. If you look in the logger, there should be some error messages that will help you troubleshoot.

The setup is correct
The CPU is in slot 0
If I use a standard contrologix type tag
it reads just fine.
However using the mapping function in contrologix
and keep this PLC5 format is the Intouch app is still not
working, altho many say it will.

Haven't try it and never seen it done with the Dasabcip server. Maybe Daba can explain further. Probably a better way is to export the database and use Excel to massage the addresses.