Voltage Level Activated Switch

rlvmaiden

Hi, I'm literally brand new to using PLCs, this is my first day trying to work with them. I'm using a Micrologix 1100 unit and RSLogix 500.
My current issue is that I don't know how to program a switch in the ladder logic that closes when the analog input's voltage is over 150 mV. As my understanding of PLCs is minimal at best, I don't really know if this can be done or if there's a better way of doing this. If anyone could provide some suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

It should look something like this. The comparison value needs to be adjusted for the correct range of your input module. For example, if you have your analog input module configured for "0-10 VDC" and "PID Units", then a value of "234" would equal 0.150 volts or 150 milivolts.

ANALOG INPUT.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a ton! I'm still having some difficulties getting it to work properly, but I think that's just because I have the inputs and outputs labelled incorrectly or something, but at least I'm going in the right direction now.

Looking at the MicroLogix 1100 Instruction Set Reference Manual, if all you have is the built-in analog inputs, then they will be addressed as I:0.4 and I:0.5.

Your Mircologix 1100 analog input values are converted to 150 milivolts like this: .150(1023)/10 = 14.66 = 15 Integer.

ANALOG INPUT R1.jpg

Last edited:
I am pleased to help, but many on this site will tell you that I am neither a gentleman, or a scholar. :cry: